The Grand National Festival has had a permanent residency at Aintree Racecourse since its first official running in 1839. At its inaugural running, the venue was simply a racecourse with a singular Grandstand.
Offering three days of extraordinary National Hunt racing including a series of Grade 1 races and featuring a higher-value championship race each day, The Grand National Festival takes place at the beginning of April every year and culminates with the race the world stops to watch: The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase.
Today, Aintree Racecourse, near Liverpool in Merseyside, is a hospitality haven with innumerable restaurant and private balcony options so that you can enjoy meetings like The Grand National Festival in luxurious fashion with fine dining and exceptional race viewing.
The capacity for Aintree is 75,000 for each race day but you need to be fast when acquiring tickets for meetings there, especially The Grand National, as demand is equally as considerable. Restaurant packages begin at just £90 and VIP experiences with private balconies begin as low as £198 per person.
For the perfect day at Aintree Racecourse for any of their fascinating horse racing meetings throughout the National Hunt racing calendar, consider upgrading to a hospitality package for an experience you and your party will never forget.
Aintree Racecourse offers a selection of seven remarkable restaurants, each providing its own unique experience for a day to remember at Aintree Racecourse.
Restaurant packages are a great way to set up camp for the day from a vantage point that either provides easy access to the Grandstand or its very own views of the course from the comfort of your dining table.
Your choice of restaurant package decides the type of lunch you’ll be having, from finger buffets to four-course menus, as well as other luxury options such as complimentary bars, private viewing balconies and afternoon tea.
- The Art School Of Aintree Restaurant – an extravagant restaurant option with perfect views of the racecourse and parade ring, where you can indulge in a six-course tasting menu paired with wonderful wines.
- Silver Birch Restaurant – offers premium views down the home straight from a private balcony. Sit back, relax, and dine upon some delectable dishes accompanied by your favourite beverages from the complimentary bar.
- Sunloch Club Restaurant – with exclusive admission to the Lord Sefton Grandstand and a private balcony overlooking the world-famous Grand National course. A three-course lunch buffet gives you the freedom to tailor your meal times around the racing action.
- Diamond Marque Princess Royal Restaurant – The Diamond Marque Restaurant in the Princess Royal Stand at Aintree Racecourse presents the opportunity to dine in style with panoramic views overlooking the world-famous Grand National course.
- Golden Miller Restaurant – A four-course lunch, traditional cream tea and a full complimentary bar are also on offer in this excellent restaurant package, alongside complimentary parking, a complimentary race card and private tote betting and spectacular views of both the Aintree Racecourse and the Parade Ring.
- Many Clouds Restaurant – offers a lively and contemporary dining experience alongside incredible private balcony views overlooking Aintree’s rivetting racecourse. This restaurant package also includes premier course admission, a Three-course buffet style ‘Chef’s Table’, sweet and savoury afternoon tea and a complimentary bar throughout the day serving a selection of beverages. There is also a private cash bar available for spirits and champagne.
- The Jockey Club 1750 Restaurant – offers a unique, exclusive and more intimate experience at Aintree, with a private lounge area as well as your private balcony to relax and entertain guests. This package also includes a full complimentary bar, Rosé Champagne Deluxe Afternoon Tea, a private balcony with prime viewing overlooking the Winning Post, an executive gift and much more.
Private Box Packages
Private box packages are the ultimate way to spend your day at the races, especially when it comes to races as prestigious as The Grand National. Any extra money set aside for the budget can go a long way in taking your Aintree experience to the next level.
If you’re attending the likes of The Grand National Festival with a party of 16 to 72 guests, private box packages can be of exceptional value when you consider everything that is included in the package.
Pavilion Executive Boxes
Whether you’re hosting important clients, celebrating a milestone birthday or anniversary, or are simply treating yourself to a well-deserved extended Easter break, executive boxes are the most luxurious way to spend your day at Aintree.
Your day with a Pavilion Executive Box package begins with VIP car parking and chauffeur transfers to and from the racecourse, delivering you in executive style to the champagne reception through Aintree’s Premier racecourse entrance.
The finest views of the iconic Grand National racecourse are from the Pavilion Executive Box’s very own private balcony, which will be your base for the day observing the high-octane horse racing action as it unfolds on Aintree’s world-class racetrack.
An exemplary four-course lunch will be served in the early afternoon, accompanied with selected wines and tempting amuse-bouche. If your tiple is an alternative choice to these selected wines, the complimentary bar that you have access to throughout your stay will pour your preference.
Keep your complimentary racecard and racing newspaper handy for when the Jockey Club host and betting tipster gives his or her thoughts on each race before they take place, giving you the best opportunity to make your day at Aintree a profitable one. The private tote betting service makes this as simple as it should be.